June 22, 2015
WASHINGTON - Men’s Health Month (June) continues with a Congressional Workout, Twitter Chat, and more.
· Twitter Chat June 23 – A Men and Mental Health Twitter Chat on Tuesday, June 23 at 1:00 pm ET using the hashtag #MensHealthMonth – Men’s Health Network partners with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Mayo Clinic, and Mental Health America (MHA), among others. Of the millions of Americans who suffer from a mental illness, only 38% will ever seek help according to www.mentalhealth.gov.
· Congressional Workout June 25 – A Circuit Workout for House members and their staff in Rayburn Park on Capitol Hill on Thursday, June 25 at 7:00 am ET sponsored by Congressional Men’s Health Caucus co-chairs Rep. Markwayne Mulin (OK) and Rep. Donald Payne, Jr. (NJ). Several members are expected to attend.
· #ShowUsYourBlue on Twitter – Wear BLUE events continue in the workplace and elsewhere with photos uploaded on #ShowUsYourBlue. Participants include private companies, health clinics, public agencies, faith-based organizations, and individuals.
· Talking About Men’s Health – The leading men’s health blog continues the celebration with a series of special blog posts by key thought leaders in the fields of men’s health and fatherhood including HealthyWomen, Drs. Samadi and Turek, and Mr. Dad, Armin Brott.
· Men’s Health Resource Center – Just celebrated its first anniversary and is quickly becoming the go-to web site for men’s health information.
Men’s Health Month is sponsored by Endo and Pfizer Inc. among others.
Men’s Health Month is organized by Men's Health Network (MHN), a national non-profit organization whose mission is to reach men, boys, and their families where they live, work, play, and pray with health awareness messages and tools, screening programs, educational materials, advocacy opportunities, and patient navigation. Learn more about MHN at www.menshealthnetwork.org and follow them on Twitter @MensHlthNetwork.