Dear Friends & Colleagues,
Men’s Health Network (MHN) is crossing a major milestone in 2017—the organization is celebrating 25 years of advancing men’s health and wellness. Since our founding in 1992, MHN remains one of the only nonprofit organizations advocating on the behalf of men, boys, and their families through education programs, health screenings, and federal policy and legislation.
We have accomplished major milestones in men’s health over the years;
- In 1994, we worked with Senators Bob Dole and Bill Richardson in establishing Men’s Health Week in June, which was formally signed into law by President Bill Clinton before it expanding to Men’s Health Month.
- In 2007, we worked with our champions on the Hill to form the Congressional Men’s Health Caucus, which now boasts over 35 members of Congress from both sides of the aisle.
- In 2016, MHN and its partners at the Department of Health and Human Services held the first of its kind Dialogue on Men’s Health meeting at the White House, which brought over 200 organizations together in Washington, D.C. to discuss where men’s health currently is and how we can advocate for more programs in men’s health.
Daily reminders of why we do what we do can be seen at any of the screening and education events across the country, whether they are being held in manufacturing facilites, faith based organizations, or community centers. MHN remains present with health education materials, health educators, and free health screenings. MHN is there every step of the way, speaking to patients, providers, and other advocates, guiding them to the resources that their communities are in need of.
But we need your help as a supporter of men's health to reach our individual donations goal.
MHN wants to continue the efforts for many more years of programs, advocacy, and education aimed at improving the state of men’s health across this nation. There are many communities who have a lack of access to the vital information needed to seek preventive care. During 2017, MHN is running its 25-for-25 fundraising and awareness campaign for our friends and followers to participate. You can help support 25-for-25 through our GoFundMe page and by following us on Twitter and Facebook. Join us in this celebration and pass the message along to your friends, family, and colleagues.
We thank you in advance for your support! Your donation is greatly appreciated and will be used to help put prevention education in the hands of those in need. You can either donate online or send a check in the pre-stamped envelope included in your letter.
Ana Fadich, MPH, CHES
Men’s Health Network
This is how your donation can make a difference...
- $10 - $20 - Covers mailing costs of educational material package to a community organization
- $25 - Individual gift cards (to local markets or chain grocery stores) to be used as raffles for men who participate in the Time Out for Men's Health: Self Assessment Survey.
- $25 - If one of every 20 people in the US made a donation of this size, MHN could provide up to 100 free screenings to men and women in over hundreds of individual community events.
- $50 - Provides one man with a screening panel for cholesterol, glucose, blood pressure, and PSA blood draw.
- $75 - Provides a public health student with membership to the American Public Health Assocation and the APHA Men's Health Caucus.
- $100 - Will give a faith based organization a large package of brochures/booklets for their health fairs covering topics: general men's health, prostate health, testicular cancer testing, mental health, screening guidelines, what women need to know, Blueprint for Men's Health, vision, cardiovascular, posters for Men's Health Month, t-shirts, mugs, and much more.
- $150 - Engages men to learn their risk of health conditions by conducting their own Men's Health Month campaign.
- $250 - Contributes to the gathering of minds (healthcare professionals specializing in men's health programs and outreach at the community level) from around the country at the MHN Dialogue on Men's Health meetings held in DC.
- $400 - Provides 200 wrist bands to a corporate employer site for Prostate Health Awareness Month in September.
- $500 - Provides 50 workplaces/employer sites with Get It Checked posters (for men and women) to put in the company breakrooms and health centers.
- $1,000 - Contributes to the development of 2,500 MHN medical advisory board developed brochures on health topics affecting men.
- $5,000 - Funds a semester practicum/fellowship program for one second year MPH student doing research in public health to come to DC and work with MHN to develop policy and advocacy initiatives.